Thursday, June 2, 2011

Country Music Makes You Run Fast!



I'm an iPod runner.  Sorry to all of the "you're disgracing the sport of running by listen to music while doing something that's no one else's business" people.  And as many of you know, I listen mostly to hard, angry, blood-pumping, screaming "music" the whole time I trot along.  But I was raised on country and it's really my favorite!

But if you really wanna meet a country music fan, you need look no further than my wife Michael, of Slowly Tri-Ing.  Man, she can't get enough country music.  The yee-haw!  The steel guitar!  The twang!  It's all in her blood.  Why just the other day she was humming her new favorite country song ...

You be my Lou'siana,  I’ll be your Mississippi
You be my little Loretta, I’ll be your Conway Twitty
You be my sugar baby, I’ll be your sweet iced tea
You be my honeysuckle, I’ll be your honey bee


Yeah that girl loves everything country ... mud flaps, shot guns, hound dogs, & Walker Texas Ranger!  Cowgirl Up sweetie!
... be great today! (the contents of this post may not accurately depict Michael's views on country music)

19 comments:

  1. Well, I think if Michael should ever give up triathlons, well, she may just have a future in Nashville.

    That pic is a one of a kind. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this was cute. I run to country music all the time. I race to pop though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha cute picture! It makes me feel better that you wear an ipod. I feel like every blog I read, everyone is anti-ipod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have an ipod if I am running alone. If I am running (not racing) with a friend, I make them talk to me the entire time. And I listen to country too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you really photoshop her to a Kenny Chesney photo!!! Is was funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's the milli vanilli come into play?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture looks like and album cover.

    I run to country also. Love the Twang!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new blog looks great and Michael looks so cute in her country duds! I'm not an ipod runner, but not judging either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.....is that a man's body that my head is on?????

    Hmmm.....well if you were telling the truth you would have said that I can't stand country music. It makes me itch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got a little George Jones in my run mix....

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, not sure I can picture you listening to screamo metal bands that I like to listen to (Dillinger Escape Plan, Bullet for my Valentine, Haste the Day, etc).

    Awesome about country music, that picture is awesome!

    I probably have the weirdest music taste of anyone - I like rock mainly, but I also like country! My favorite country artists are Kenny Chesny, Brooks & Dunn, Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nobody helps you run faster than The Dixie Chicks. Lubbock or leave it is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! Country with a "K," that's what I like to call it.
    No apologies for iPOD's, whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA! I knew that photoshop software you downloaded was going to be dangerous... I'm scared to see whose body you're going to put my face on... Lol. Love you! Proud of you today even though you thought you could have done better. You finished, and you always told me that is what matters! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!