Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thanks, It's Great To Be Back

With my recent "semi-break" from running, it's been a while since I've ran a Speed Workout.  So this morning, with 75 degrees, 90% humidity, and flickering lightening in the background for a brilliant light show, I headed to my local Jr. High Track and gotter-dun!  Here are the splits...

Warm Up - 1.5 miles at easy pace
        Lap 1 ... 800M - 2:53
        Lap 2 ... 800M - 2:56
        Lap 3 ... 800M - 2:51         (400M active recovery between each 800M @ 8:30/mile pace)
        Lap 4 ... 800M - 2:49
        Lap 5 ... 800M - 2:53
        Lap 6 ... 800M - 2:56
(400M active recovery @ 8:30/pace)
        1 mile @ 6:25/pace
Cool Down - 800M at easy pace        
Total - 8 miles

Overall I was pretty happy with the workout.  It never really felt like the pace was too fast for me, which was between 5:40-5:50/mile for most of the repeats.  In fact, I actually felt like I could have been a little faster.  But toward the end of the workout, I really got tired and my legs got a little heavy due to the decreased mileage lately.  Still though, I felt fairly fast even at 7-9 lbs over my best running weight right now.  Plus, the humidity was ridiculous and I was able to manage that without any trouble.  All things considered, it was a positive workout!  Hope your runnings going well too.  Have a great week!
... be great today!

5 comments:

  1. Great workout!
    Your weather sounds like mine... Gotta love humidity!
    Starting today we are hitting 90s with 90% humidity in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great workout and welcome back. Luckily we don't have a lot of humidity here, everytime we get very much I seem to chafe my arm pits, not a fan of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great workout, well done! A little break is always good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me so glad that it's winter. Great workout. I'm envious of your recoveries. My coach has been going through a minimalist period and 200m is about the most generous he's been in weeks. Even after I've bribed him with cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mile at the end? Hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!