Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Marathon In 8 Weeks???

65 miles.  That's how many I ran in December.  65.  Since I've been running, that's by far my low for one month.  But at least I combined it with poor food choices, lying around, and absolutely no core work at all. I've got a fat roll.  It's amazing how fast it can pop up. The good news is ... I've got a marathon in 8 weeks.  And frankly I'm not sure I can be ready to even finish it by then.  We'll see I guess.

I ran another 10 miles this morning and it wasn't horrible.   Well, by "wasn't horrible" I mean I was able to finish.  Albeit at a much slower pace with A LOT more effort than usual.  Ahhh yes ... I remember when I used to be a runner.  The paces and distances were much easier back then.

So while I try to decide what I need to do to get back into the flow of working out and being healthy ... please enjoy one last Christmas video from this year.  I think it's probably my best editing work yet (if I do say so) ... although a bunch of clips of my family are probably not that interesting to anyone else ... ha!


Even though December was pretty poor in the staying fit department, we probably had one of the best Christmas seasons yet with our family.  Here's to a great 2014!
... be great today!


2 comments:

  1. How weird! I had a lot of the same things on my Christmas list as Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video and family are darling. Don't worry about your mileage, I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time at all. We all need a little down time once in awhile. Your little grandson is very cute and I was amazed and how much your son looks like you. I thought it was you for a moment. Happy New Year to you and Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!