Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Powered By Popcorn!

             Miles:  12.02            
             Time:  1:28:01
      Mile/Split:  7:19/mile
            Temp:  20 Degrees, 10mph wind
        Calories:  1423
Total Ascent:  922 ft
          Avg HR:  166 bpm

Today was very encouraging!!! I probably felt better in today's run than I have in the last 3 weeks.  After aprx 25min warm up, I averaged 7:04/mile for the last 9 miles.  The overall pace of 7:19/mile was my third lowest over 10 mile training ever.  The left knee felt great.  It got a little tight toward the end of the run and throughout the day it got a little more stiff and sore, but I iced it a total of 4 times and hopefully it will feel good tomorrow for a light 10 mile recovery.

The most encouraging aspect of the run was I didn't feel I was pushing that hard.  My heart rate was a little higher than I would like at 166 bpm, but that's not bad all things considered.  For the first time in a long time I felt like I was gliding instead of pounding the ground.  The last mile or so my legs got a little heavy and I started striking a little harder, but all in all it was great.

It was pretty cold, but the only things I struggled with was numb fingers.  I went to Kohls and bought some heavier gloves in the afternoon.  I always seem to have trouble keeping my hands warm. 

Yesterday's diet was pretty good, but in my typical "run my good eating day" fashion. I ate two whole large bags of Kettle Corn by myself.  All of them.  Without any help (except for Jack)!!!  But fortunately the sugar didn't seem to bother me too much.  I have to get my diet under control.  I usually do great all day, but the evenings KILL ME!  I know it's just boredom while I watch TV, but I can't seem to get any self-control when it comes to food!  I think sometimes I'm gonna look like a giant popcorn ball or slice of pizza running down the road if I don't get a handle on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!