Friday, December 3, 2010

This Is What I Do To My Body

Food is my enemy.  Food should be fuel - but it conquers me almost every night.

I started in the morning with yogurt, oat meal, and V8 after my run.  On the way to Springfield, MO for business I had fresh blue berries and an avocado. For a late lunch I had a Chipotle Chicken Burrito and a 23G Protein Power Bar for desert.  If I would have had added a good dinner and stopped there it would not have been too bad.   But following is how the rest of night went, which is fairly typical for a night on the road in a hotel room.

6:00 pm - Apple PopTart from Vending Machine
6:30 pm - Apple Pop Tart from Vending Machine
6:45 pm - Small bag of popcorn from hotel lobby
7:00 pm - Drove to convenience store and bought big bag of Ruffles Potato Chips and small box of Nutter Butter cookies
7:15 pm - At half of bag of Ruffles and half of the box of Nutter Butter
7:45 pm - At the remainder of both
8:15 pm - Fell asleep
3:00 am - Woke up with stomach ache

I have no idea how my day is always divided into two completely different segments.  The AM hours usually go okay - in the PM, I crash.  Today when I get home I will head to the gym to try to work some of it off.  I will never be a great athlete eating like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!