Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Slowly" Awesome!!!

Most of you read my wife Michael's blog, Slowly Tri-ing!  And while she's not in my league as far as humor, wit, and satire ... she clearly out-shines me in almost every other facet of our lives.  Most of you also know her as a painfully honest writer who spells out exactly what she's feeling regarding working out and her Triathlon life.  But what you might not know is just how much she inspires me every day!

Michael will be the first to tell you that she was not blessed with speed.  I mean, she dedicated the title of her blog to this notion.  (She really sells herself too short in this area.)  But what she lacks in seconds on the clock, she makes up for in determination, heart, and a "don't give up" attitude ... and it motivates me to do the same!  

For some reason I have been blessed with good genetics and never really suffer from any long term injuries.  Sure I ache sometimes, and it can be a chore to push  myself - but it's usually nothing more than typical muscle soreness.  Something I probably take for granted way too often.  Michael is exactly the opposite.  For whatever reason, her body just doesn't respond well to all the training.  I know many times she is really hurting during a workout.  And I know sometimes she wants to quit ... but she never does!  She keeps churning and pluggin' away and always accomplishes her goal.

But yesterday she got word from the doctor's office that she had to come in for an MRI to take a closer look at her shoulder, which she injured about a week ago.  It seems as though there might be a bigger problem than originally anticipated.  They think the bone is rubbing against bone, with a potential tear in the tendon.  She was devastated.  She has her first Olympic distance Triathlon in a few short days in Des Moines, IA and this really puts things in doubt.  There's really a lot up in the air right now about whether or not she'll be able to compete.

Baby, whatever you decide or have to do about the Triathlon, just know that I couldn't be anymore proud of you!  All of the hard work you've put in is an inspiration to me and not one second of it has gone unnoticed.  I can't believe the way you push yourself with all of the double workouts, and it makes me want to be better just from watching you.  I know this is a tough time ... but I love you with all my heart and you have my 100% support whatever you decide!  You inspire me to be a better athlete, father, and man.  I love you!
... be great today!

20 comments:

  1. Love this post...Michael - I'm thinking about you, and sending healing vibes your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I'm sure your support will help her through anything!!!

    I also send healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael is too sexy for that Tri. We'll just call it that! She's gonna be my inspiration to get this done on Sunday! I'm only bummed that we won't be able to swap stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for her!! No matter what happens she is an inspiration to all of us and she is one tough cookie. She continues to prove that time and time again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The support you give your wife is awesome!

    I am sending prayers her way and hope the diagnosis is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your wife rocks! im hoping she gets good news from the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I have the best husband in the entire world!! Well, let me restate that - I always have the BEST husband in the world. Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post - hopefully her shoulder is okay and she is able to race on Sunday. I know how defeating injuries can be, so I'll be thinking good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the MRI doesn't show any bad! Good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Jim...you make some of the guys look pretty bad with this fabulous post!!!

    I sure hope it is nothing serious...and that it is possible for her to do her TRI...

    you are doing the best thing you can do and that is to support her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so refreshing to hear a husband gush about his wife. I really feel for Michael after putting in all the hard yards at training. It really sucks but it's better to have an injury due to a fit and active lifestyle than to get a lifestyle disease. She's an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michael, all my good thoughts your way. I hope the MRI results are ok. And Jim, you've got WAY better moves than Jagger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read her post! She will get through this!! You guys are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... A sweet post! I hope that she recovers quickly!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't agree more! She is AWESOME! I'm praying for healing SOON so she can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ~~~ healing vibes for Michael ~~~

    You two are a great couple. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope by now she's received good news! Positive thoughts and quick healing vibes are with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!