Sunday, September 25, 2016

Full Trottle

GREAT week of training!  I'm a little slower ... a little overweight ... and a little behind schedule ... but I can say without hesitation that I'm 100% back!!!

I only had 56 miles on the agenda this week, but it also included double runs, full core work, stair work, and a couple of leg workouts ... just like the old days.

Plus, it was the third straight week that I had a long run of 18 miles or more.  I ran the first 16 miles of the 18 on Saturday at my BQ pace of 7:48, without stopping the clock, even while stopping at all my water stops ... so I was probably a little quicker than that.  Here are the splits ...

8:32, 8:03, 7:55, 7:40, 7:42, 7:46, 8:02, 7:27, 8:04, 7:29, 8:28, 7:27, 7:59, 7:33, 7:19, 7:18

I recovery jogged the last two miles because it 85 degrees, with high humidity.  I didn't really feel like I was pushing it too hard, even though it was pretty warm and I was losing a lot of fluids.  Plus, I'd ran four miles the day before, and it was the fourth straight day of running ... something I don't do very often. Overall, it was a pretty positive run.

Next week starts a consecutive streak of 60 mile weeks, but I feel eager to attack it and look forward to the continued growth.  It feels so good to be full throttle again.

Chase greatness.

2 comments:

  1. Time for this humidity to GO AWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our humid seasons only just getting started. Coming home from Sydney last week I could feel it as soon as we stepped off the plane. Ughh! And the worst is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!