Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Race Schedule ... 3,075 Miles in 2012!!!

After my second run today, I finished 2012 with 3,075 miles ran.  My biggest total ever.  Does 2013 hold 4,000?  Doubt it ... but ya never know.  I usually trick myself into thinking that, "If EMZ can do it ... I can do it" ... but let's be real, she's way more of a bad a-- than I'll ever be!  So I'll probably just be around 3,000 again if I can stay healthy.

Last run of the year, but first snow run of the year ... December 31, 2012

As for racing in 2013 ... hmm, I'm really not sure.  Michael and I have tentative schedules mapped out, but if it's anything like 2012, it'll probably change quite a bit as I go.  To be honest, it already has.  I was going to run my first 50 miler in May in Wisconsin at the Ice Age Trail 50 ... but I was sleeping on the sign up and it sold out in about 2 days.  So I've had to modify things a little, right out of the chute.  This is what we have so far ...

 February 17  Lost Dutchman Marathon - Somewhere in Arizona ... I have no idea
     March 17  Tatur 6-Hour Snake Trail Run - Tulsa, Oklahoma
         April 20  Free State 40 Mile Trail Run - Lawrence, Kansas
            May 4  Indy Mini-Marathon - Indianapolis, Indiana
          June 1  Hospital Hill Half Marathon - Kansas City, Missouri
    August 31  Pocatello Marathon - Pocatello, Idaho
  October 13  Chicago Marathon - Chicago, Illinois

Ummm, that's about it at this point.  I was going to run the Country Music Marathon with a friend, but I'm going to be attempting my first 40 miler ... if training goes well, it might turn into a 62 miler ... but probably not!
... be great today!

6 comments:

  1. That's a great schedule line up so far. Trail races are my favorite and I've decided 2013 is the year I find more of them. I just don't like traveling too far to do it. Good thing Utah has a lot:) I did a couple 50K's last year and at some point hope to attempt a 50 miler in 2013, if I don't be a big chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very impressive number of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've planned races already?? All I've planned is what's for dinner tonight and that's pretty flexible.

    I love that photo of you running in the snow. One day I want to do that. Maybe I should come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive schedule! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your arm is feeling better after that fall! You had a great 2012, sounds like you will have another good 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have an adventurous year lined up! I think it will be a good one for you, Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!