Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's A McBoy!


Surgically enhanced photo ... but believe me, it's not far off ...
The best thing about the weight gain is my boobs are huge!
Ah yes ... winter time!  The warm smell of Christmas cookies wafting through the air.  Piles of fudge just sitting there on the counter.  Night after night of me and the lil' miss plowing through the local establishments of Mexican, Italian, hamburgers, pizza ... anything completely non-healthy.  And most of all, the missing pitter-patter of my little feet sitting still on the couch and not running.  Add it all up and what do ya get ... a big pile of dough-gut ...

In the month of December I ate more McDonalds than I did all of last year, heck maybe in two years.  FREAKING McDONALD'S I SAID!!!  The enemy of healthy lifestyles everywhere and public enemy #1 to this nation's obesity problem!!!  Here's my typical daily conversation at Mickey D's ...
__________________________________________
Drive thru speaker, "Welcome to McDonalds ... order when you're ready."

Me, "Ah yeah, I'll take 2 Sausage Egg McMuffins - no cheese, and 2 holiday pies please."

Speaker, "That you Mr. Weatherly ... not running today, huh?"

Me, with a long sigh, "Yeah, it's me ... no, no I'm not ... that's all thanks."
__________________________________________

Don't any of you dare judge my daily breakfast order ... y'all know you've been there.  Those pies were a limited edition holiday treat with little sprinkles, so mind your own business. But you know how it goes ... one month you're in the best shape of your life attempting a personal best, and then about 60 days later you look like someone at the original you. Since mid October I've gained about 15 pounds.  I'm not kidding.  I was at about 175, and now I'm right around 190.  It was like my own little Opposite World Weight Watchers program ... where I just watched my jeans get tighter and tighter. Mind you, I told myself, "This year's not gonna be like the rest".  But before I knew it I slipped into that old mind trap of thinking that if I didn't eat everything in sight in one particular  meal, it might not be available again in 5 hours when I stuffed my face again.

But thank goodness the holidays are over.  I've started increasing the mileage again ... slowly but surely.  And Michael and I have resolved to avoid places like Jose Peppers Cantina ... which don't be fooled by the name - that place has nothing but fattening delicious deep fried Mexican food.  Also, I've seen a small change in the scale, which seems to be headed south again. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back to normal.  But if not, I'll probably consider selling add space on the giant boiler just under my shirt.  Hope your holiday pounds are coming off faster than mine!
... be great today!

9 comments:

  1. Holiday pounds....not dealing with that anymore...I guess one plus of being of the strict boring frustrating diet I am on..
    you will loose that in no time I am sure!!!

    Hey Bonne Annee my friend!
    All the best for 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing at the convo with the drive thru!!
    With my lack of running and nice holiday season, I've gained about 5 lbs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this totally made my entire day. I can totally relate..heaven forbid any of the Holiday food go to waste. Oh my goodness I think I ate an entire pumpkin pie in 3 days. Oh well you live you learn. Heck in UT right now I can use all of the extra insulation I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picture, so easy to fall into the McDonalds drive thru yum trap. I just can't figure out why you didn't get the McGriddles. I think they were responsible for most of the weight I gained when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you.

    I tried really hard this year to be good, after still not having lost last year's. I'm IN training mode and still gained. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. snort. That's not bad.
    It's bad when you call the usual Chinese place and the girl taking your order starts asking how your kids are doing. OR commenting that you didn't order for awhile.

    snort, though yours is funny to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is, thank goodness you run. If you didn't you might be able to get a gig as Santa next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been following the same program. I am back on track too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!