Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Son's Getting Married Today ... Where Does The Time Go?

My son, Gage, will marry Sarah this evening at 5:00 pm.  That seems a little surreal to say.  And all morning during my run all I could think about was how fast he grew up into the man he is today.

His path has not always been easy, and just like his father, he's not perfect.  But he's as genuine as they come, with a tender heart who would give you the shirt off his back.  He's become a great father to his son, Ryder, and I'm sure he'll be a good husband as well.  Deep down, he's just a really good man.

I love this guy, and like most parents, I would do anything for him.  He has my heart and all I want for him is happiness.  He deserves it.  We all deserve it.  And today, when he's standing there in his rented tuxedo, I hope he takes in every second of how special this day is.  He's finally marrying the woman he loves, and the mother of his child.  We're all so very excited for them both.  But even though he's starting the next chapter of his life, and everyone looks at him as a good father, hard worker, and continually maturing adult ... I see is the little boy I used to play catch with in the back yard.  Where does the time go?  I love you Gage.


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute, Jim. I saw via Facebook all the photos from the big day and it looks to have been a lovely time for everyone. The whole family scrubs up pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char, yeah we looked good for one day anyways, ha!

      Delete
  2. Love this. Your love for your family shines through your blog and Facebook. I know what you mean about wondering where the time goes...my oldest is getting married in a few weeks, and it seems crazy that he could be old enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time definitely disappears Kate, and yes, I would give everything for these people

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!