Saturday, December 4, 2010

Madi Out-Ran Me!!!

             Miles:  20.01 (split run 14 & 6)            
             Time:  2:59:40
      Mile/Split:  7:46/mile (on 14 mile)
            Temp:  30 Degrees, 20mph wind
        Calories:  2375
Total Ascent:  1681 ft
          Avg HR:  163 bpm

FREAKING FREEZING! Man it was windy. Running into the NW was almost impossible, but not that bad heading the other, pretty good tail wind.   My knee was great today.  No pain, just a little tightness.  I iced it immediately after the run and will ice it off and on the rest of the day.  Feels like its getting back to where it needs to be.  62 miles this week, which is also getting back in the swing of things.  I'll shoot for 70ish this coming week depending on the knee.

I ran the first 6 miles with my daughter Madi who is training for the 2011 Oklahoma City Half Marathon.  She is so awesome, in a lot of ways, but now she is turning into an awesome runner too.  She did really well today on her furthest run yet.  And in the last quarter mile she said, "Let's go", and started sprinting.  It took me by surprise and I had bust my butt to catch her ... she did that last quarter faster than I did!  She's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this update! Thanks, dad. You are the absolute BEST for making it a priority to run with me. I love that we get to spend time together and I love having you as my personal trainor. Thanks to you, I LOVE RUNNING (even in the FREEZING weather/wind)! I'm so glad your knee is doing better too! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Madi....I had no idea you ran too...now I'm REALLY starting to feel like a sluuuuuug! I'm going to have to give it a try. You guys are amazingly inspireing. So awesome! What a good Dad and awesome daughter. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!