Thursday, January 13, 2011

Workout ... 3AM Recovery

            Course:  Council Bluffs Treadmill
                Miles:  5            
                Time:  42:20
       Avg Pace:  8:29/mile
         Workout:   Recovery Run 
               Temp:  -1 Degrees, Wind 12NW
          Calories:  513
  Total Ascent:  0 ft
            Avg HR:  141 bpm
Miles this week:  39

Not a great day.  Like the rest of the world, I had to adjust my workout schedule around my career today.  I've been blessed with a great job, and usually it's the other way around. 

I got up at 2:45AM this morning (or last night maybe) so I could run a few miles before getting ready for a training program I have to give today.  The training is from 7AM-5PM, with dinner afterwards.  I knew if I didn't get up early, I would not run later.

Now, most people would be proud of themselves for at least getting up and doing anything.  But, negative Jim however is TIRED, cranky, nervous about this stupid presentation, and ready to be somewhere else besides here.  I didn't get my full mileage in and my stomach hurts like it has a hole in it.  Can somebody please call the "Waaa-ambulance!"

But I just try to look at it like, "If I kill it, or if it kills me ... it will all be over this time tomorrow!"  Maybe then I can get back on track with my real life ... running.

3 comments:

  1. No worries honey, you will "Be Great Today". Just like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2:45am??!! Now THAT is dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy &%$#@ I am at a loss for words. You seriously inspire me. I'll say it again, I'm glad I found your Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!