- Drove 39 hours round trip from Missouri to South Carolina for the race
- Great volunteer organization, both pre and post-race
- A ton of SWAG in the race packet, but ...
- MAYBE THE WEIRDEST RACE SHIRT OF ALL TIME???
- Very convenient and free parking about 100 yards from the starting line
- 3rd flattest marathon I've ran with only 138 ft of elevation gain ... literally NO HILLS!!!
- One minor downside - you only see the Atlantic Ocean briefly while running - most of the time it's blocked by adjacent hotels
- Perfect weather of 40 degrees at the start, about 60 degrees at the finish
- First marathon using POSE method ... not exactly thrilled with the results
- 3rd slowest marathon I've ran at 3:59:23
- Met a really cool new friend and blog follower - Bobby from Charlotte, North Carolina
- Overall great experience ... highly recommend this race!
Finisher Medal and Race Packet
|Finisher Medal for the Myrtle Beach Marathon|
|Give away bag including race bag, race booklet, water|
crystals & fruit, arm warmer sleeves, race towel, and
a pinkish-purple race shirt