Monday, March 5, 2012

Awesome Weekend In "The Rock"!!!


Michael and I had a great weekend at the Little Rock Half-Marathon in Arkansas.  We got to meet a few friends, hang out in one of our favorite towns ... and we both ran really well!  In fact, my speedy wife PR'd!!!  (She'll have more about it on her blog)

I ran a very encouraging 1:33:23, and placed 61st overall out of 3,200 runners (I think I was 8th out of 202 in my age group).  Obviously not my best, but after all the struggles with changing to POSE - I'll take it!!!  I felt great, and it's the perfect bench mark for my PR attempt in April at the Kansas City Rock The Parkway Half.  I'll have a full report about Little Rock later - have a great week!
... be great today!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good run to me. Looking forward to reading the RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, are those the Bee Gee's in that pic??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a freaking awesome time Jim! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, Just catching up on your blog! I'm glad you ran an encouraging half. You're doing a great job on your transition to forefoot-striking, too. In the end, you will be even faster, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh! great time!!! look at that! I like how you describe a 1:33:23 as "encouraging"!!!

    looks like you guys had a really boring time once again...I mean can you try to have fun just once?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear that things are picking up. You seemed a little disheartened after your last race so it's nice to know that persistence has paid off and you're getting the rewards for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!!! Bring on the forefoot strike!

    "Cook Hip Lift" - might help your glute strengthening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!