|Two idiots at the Little Rock Half-Marathon Expo|
March 4, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Overall Experience ... 4 out of 5
- Great weekend with my wife in Little Rock
- Returned to the city where I ran my first marathon
- Great race organization
- Really cool "themed" race
- Awesome medal - bigger than some marathon medals
- Fairly flat course with rolling hills in latter half of race
- Michael PR'd!!! And I ran fairly well with 1:33:23
- Had dinner with old friends, and met other friends who happened to be running the race too
- The only thing that kept the race from being 5 out 5 was a weird late checkout mix up with the host hotel
- Perfect weather ... sunny, 50 degrees, light 10mph breeze
Finisher Medal & Race Shirt
|2012 Little Rock Half-Marathon Medal|
An exact replica of the marathon medal, only much smaller.
YES, that's a spinning globe in the middle!!!
Race shirt pictured at the right
|Hey - Michael found a little rock!|
|Me, Michael, Samantha, & Buck|
Yes ... I'm the old one of the group, sorry!
|Me & my friend Bobby - he's a great marathoner!|
Meeting friends, old & new, seemed to be a constant theme of the weekend. Michael had met her friend Sunita earlier at the Fitness Expo, and on race day she ran into our friend and massage therapist, Christa, who is also a runner. Christa was there also doing the full marathon. (Michael and I were pretty much the only two "slackers" doing the half) A few weeks before at the Myrtle Beach Marathon, I had met a new friend and follower of my blog - Bobby. Bobby was also in town on Sunday running the full marathon, so we met up before the race and snapped a quick picture. Bobby and I also ran the first couple miles of the race together, before I sped up to a faster half-marathon pace. It was great getting to visit with him again, and as two huge baseball nerds, I think we're gonna play fantasy baseball together this summer. Geeky ... I know!