Tuesday, June 7, 2016

5K in 4 weeks


The running has been so-so.  Not great ... but I have been running.  I'm very goal oriented when it comes to running ... and probably with most things in life.  I always need a target for motivation.  So, we'll be running our annual 5K on the 4th of July.

At this point I've got a modest goal ... just break 20 minutes.  In the past this would have been no problem since only 4 out of the 17 total 5K's I've ran have been slower than 20 minutes.  But I can't stress to you enough just how out of shape I am right now.

I had a pretty good run in Iowa City this morning with 9 total miles.  I also did 4 - 1 mile repeats at 6:23, 6:08, 6:13, 6:17 with about 1 minute rest in between.  So not bad.

I think if I can drop about 5-6 lbs between now and the 4th of July, I should be able to hit my goal.  I'm definitely headed in the right direction and have been building a little more consistency.  Just gotta keep at it!

4 comments:

  1. I have nothing but bad 5ks...I wish you a good and fast 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you take these pictures? I'm guessing you don't have paparazzi following you around?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!