Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yo, I thought I told you that we won't stop!

         Course:  Downtown Lees Summit Out & Back 
             Miles:  12.03            
             Time:  1:28:30
      Mile/Split:  7:21/mile
            Temp:  20 Degrees, Wind 4SE
        Calories:  1411
Total Ascent:  1072 ft
          Avg HR:  160 bpm

Like the great philosopher Notorious B.I.G. said ... I ain't gonna stop.  I know I should probably take more time off, but I against my better judgement, I'm not going to until I have to.  My left knee was screaming like a banshee when I first started this morning, but I pushed it anyway and it eventually felt better.  The first 3 warm up miles were pretty tough, but it seemed to loosen up quite a bit after that when I started pushing it a little.  Ran 7 miles 4-10 at 7:05 tempo pace.  Breathing was controlled.  Didn't feel like I was pushing it that much.  Good run considering the pain in my knee.

Took an ice bath for 15 minutes after the run - that hurt worse than my knee.  I felt like I am probably putting a lot of stress on other muscles trying to compensate for the pain.  I don't feel like I'm limping at all, but I wanted to make sure I did everything to reduce inflammation as much as possible everywhere else.  I also took a couple of Advil - which I didn't really want to do, but I thought it would be to take anti-inflammatory meds today.  I will ice off and on today and stretch again tonight and try it tomorrow.  You never really know how good the day's run was until you find out how you feel the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ... your comment's always welcome!